Welcome to Portsmouth Mind
Portsmouth Mind office closed down on the 22/12/2015. We are not able to access our phone line so if you need to contact us please use our email address on email@example.com
NEED HELP, SUPPORT OR ADVICE?
- If you need help with your mental health see your GP
- If you feel it’s an emergency and you have harmed yourself, you need to get to Accident and Emergency at Queen Alexandra Hospital where you should be offered a mental health assessment following treatment.
- If you are already known to the Portsmouth mental health service, contact your Care Co-ordinator.
- If you need someone to talk to:
- phone SANELINE on 0845 767 8000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or the SAMARITANS on 08457 909090 or by email: email@example.com.
- If you need advice:0300 123 3393 firstname.lastname@example.org Text: 86463
- Mind Infoline provides information on a range of topics including types of mental health problems, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments, and advocacy.
- If you need legal advice: contact Mind Legal Line for legal information and general advice on mental health related law covering mental health, mental capacity, community care and human rights and discrimination/equality related to mental health issues. Email: email@example.com
- Online peer support Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. We all know what it’s like to struggle sometimes, but now there’s a safe place to listen, share and be heard – visit www.elefriends.org.uk
affiliated with national Mind, the mental health charity
Portsmouth Mind promotes and supports mental health and wellbeing in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth Mind is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee founded in 1965. Since the early 1990s the charity has provided services and activities that promote and support mental health and wellbeing in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth Mind is affiliated to National Mind and is part of the network of Local Mind Associations that cover England and Wales. Portsmouth Mind works in partnership with local statutory and voluntary organisations to ensure a co-ordinated approach.
Portsmouth Mind’s services have been an integral part of community support provision, funded by restricted and general grants, supplemented by bequests and donations.
In order to address local authority funding cuts Portsmouth Mind have streamlined the organisational structure focusing attention on maintaining its support of those in need. The aim is to offer expertise and care within a network of members, volunteers, service providers and relevant support organisations.
We believe that everyone has a right to:
- A voice and to be heard
- Be empowered, influential, and actively participate in all aspects of their life
- Their own vision of recovery
- Be given accurate and timely information in order to make their own decisions and choices
- Receive and Give Support
- Equality and Respect