affiliated with national Mind, the mental health charity
Portsmouth Mind works for a better life for people with experience of mental distress.
We offer advice and support to individuals and their families and believe everyone has the right to be an individual, to have a voice and to have their own vision of recovery.
Looking for mental health support? We are here to help.
You can drop in any time and talk to one of Portsmouth Mind’s friendly team of staff and volunteers.
Portsmouth Mind Wellbeing & Recovery Service offers a range of personal development and peer support group work, courses and workshops, a pottery group and activities out and about in the community.
Here is a video of our Art & Ceramics Groups in action.
Portsmouth Mind is committed to challenging the stigma of mental health and works within the Community to -
• Promote better mental health in our community
• Promote social inclusion
• Offer volunteering opportunities
• Fundraise to support our Community projects
• Involve clients in service development and delivery, with regular Coffee & Catch Up forums
• Mental Health awareness training for employers
• Partnership working
Our Values: Autonomy, Equality, Knowledge, Participation, Respect.
We believe that everyone has a right to:-
- Be an individual
- Have a voice and be heard
- Be empowered, influential, and actively participate in all aspects of their life
- Hope and their own vision of recovery
- Be given accurate information in order to make their own decisions and choices
- Receive and give support
- Equal access and respect